The Lonely Edges: When Standing Alone Brings Us Closer to Everyone and Everything, a confessional about the life-giving, alchemical nature of standing apart.
- Let’s riff on the subtitle: when standing alone brings us closer to everyone and everything. Thoughts?
- Sometimes meeting your own life / path can be lonely or at least a solitary experience. What would you like to share about that?
- What were some turning points where you left the pack? What were the rewards?
- What were some earlier moments in your life that helped you become OK with standing alone? What inspiration, models, ideas and even innate tendencies helped you?
- When you are close to people, but you see things differently, is it possible to stand apart and also stay connected? What helps with that?
- There’s a difference between a comfort that stifles and a comfort that sustains and revitalizes. How does that apply to you?
- How can going your own way go off the rails? And has it for you?
- What is a lonely edge for you now?
- There’s a time to be in harmony. There’s a time to stand apart. Any thoughts?